Our Complaints Procedure
We have a complaints handling procedure to ensure that any complaint about the service we provide is dealt with appropriately.
- If you wish to make a complaint about our service or invoice, please put your complaint in writing to the lawyer concerned. Your letter of complaint will be acknowledged within two days and the lawyer will inform the Client Care Partner immediately.
- If the lawyer cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, it will be referred to the lawyer’s Team Leader. If the Team Leader is unable to resolve your complaint then it will be referred to the Client Care Partner who will contact you with a view to trying to resolve the complaint.
- Unless your complaint can be resolved by correspondence, you may be invited to a meeting or a video call with the Client Care Partner and the lawyer concerned. After full consultation with both parties, the Client Care Partner will write to you with a decision or a proposal for the resolution of your complaint.
- If your complaint is about the Client Care Partner it will be referred to the Managing Partner for resolution.
- We aim to resolve your complaint within eight weeks from receipt of your letter of complaint.
- We will communicate with you in the most convenient way for you.
- We will not make any charge for handling your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with our final response you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. Any complaint made to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of our final written response to your complaint or within six years of the act or omission you are complaining about occurring (of if outside of this period, within the three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). If your complaint refers to an invoice you have an additional right to challenge the invoice by the FCA website at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do.
- If we have instructed a barrister on your behalf, you have a right to complain about the service provided by that barrister. If you wish to make such a complaint, please inform the lawyer advising you and we will provide you with the necessary complaint process information. You can also make a complaint about a barrister directly to the Legal Ombudsman.
Contact details for the Client Care Partner, Managing Partner and Legal Ombudsman are below:
Client Care Partner – Simon Fisher
Managing Partner – Derek Rodgers
Legal Ombudsman – PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ. Click here for their website & email address or by calling 0300 555 0333.
What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour?
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.