Talking Employment Law
At our recent Round Table event, we brought together a number of businesses to discuss their business challenges particularly surrounding employees, legislation and employment law. These were the key highlights:
- There was much deliberation around the challenge of attracting and retaining quality employees.
- Internships and apprenticeships were highlighted as a great way of introducing people to your business, furthermore it was suggested that by employing graduates you can develop their skill set to suit your business.
- While talking about recruitment techniques, social media was recommended by many as a good way of building a network of contacts, as well as keeping recruitment costs down.
- Retaining quality staff was a key concern, with many proposing that byempowering and trusting your staff, you are more likely to retain them. Additionally, due to the emphasis on work life balance, flexibility is also key.
- Although, there was a lot of talk surrounding how to retain staff, a few points were also raised regarding employment issues: the main conclusion being that when issues arise it is always best to communicate with your employees through regular one-to-one and team meetings.
To find out more about the Roundtable discussions and outcomes look out for the May edition of B4 magazine.
Share this article