Better You. Better Business.
Better YOU Better Business has been designed with one aim: that healthier, happier less stressful people are more productive, and less likely to take time off due to a mental or physical illness. Whether working for a company or themselves, improving individual performance should help the overall productivity & profitability of the company/organisation.
This event has been designed to provide working people with creative ideas, information, tips, tools and techniques to improve their overall health and wellbeing, and that of the organisation too.
“Taster” workshop sessions & “practical” activities will provide snippets of information and opportunities to try out “new” ideas – that can be taken away and implemented straight away.
Employment Senior Associate Michelle Morgan will be running a workshop:
Are you ok? Mental Health at work: the legal employment stuff you really need to know about.
One in six of us will be affected by mental health at any one time – that could be up to 17 per cent of your workforce!
Developing mental health awareness can help you significantly reduce the cost to your business through reducing absence and increasing productivity.
- Is your organisation supporting the de-stigmatisation of mental health?
- Do your managers, team leaders and supervisors:
- understand how to effectively support employees with mental health issues to enable them to work to their full potential in the workplace?
- know how to positively impact mental wellbeing in the workplace?
- know how to deal with mental health sickness absence?
Michelle will be on hand to guide you through the best way to manage mental health in the workplace and how to avoid the common, costly pitfalls.
- Inspirational Keynote speakers
- 50 x 20 minute workshop taster sessions on mental, physical, financial,social/ethical & environmental – health & wellbeing topics
- 15 + exercise classes, physical activities, creative sessions, fun
- Business networking and exhibition area
- Quiet zone, mini- spa/wellness retreat, guided meditation
- Nutritious lunch, tea and coffee
- Goody bag
Who is it for?
- People working in large or small businesses – tasked with wellbeing in the workplace or the mental/ physical health of their employees
- People running smaller businesses with a few employees – or maybe working on their own, flexibly or in the gig economy – who are looking to improve their own health and wellbeing
- Employers who want to improve the productivity, reduce absenteeism, motivate and retain employees
- Individuals working in frontline stressful jobs – in health and social care, teaching, fire, police
- Representatives from Schools, Charities, Universities, & Public Sector bodies tasked with looking at making improvements to the health and wellbeing of the staff in the workplace
What is the cost?
This is a ticketed pre-booked event ( a receipt and ticket will be attached to your email confirmation.)
- Business Biscotti & FSB Members: £30 (you will need to enter the coupon code in order to receive the discount.)
- Non members: £35
For more information and to book your ticket please click here.