Faith, Hope & Clarity – Later life care evening
Do you have a loved one that you want to help prepare for the later stage in their life?
Planning and arranging care can be a daunting task. Our Faith, Hope and Clarity event will take you through an example family situation and explain how to deal with the practical, legal and financial issues that may arise when arranging care for an elderly or incapacitated person. With guidance provided by 5 specialist speakers who you can trust to give you peace of mind.
Date: Tuesday, 5 March 2019
Venue: Douai Park, Woolhampton, Reading RG7 5TG
Time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Melanie Meads from Q1Care Ltd – talking about supporting elderly and incapacitated people, to help them remain safely in their own home, and ways to improve their quality of life. Melanie is founder of Q1Care which offers domiciliary and live in care to the elderly and vulnerable who wish to stay in their own homes. She also runs the Care Hub in Goring which provides information and access to care and support.
- Penny Wright, Partner at Gardner Leader, will be talking about the importance of having Lasting Powers of Attorney in place, to assist in managing the finances of incapacitated relatives and making decisions on their behalf; and dealing with the Court of Protection.
- Tara McInnes, Senior Associate Solicitor in the Disputed Wills and Trusts Team at Shoosmiths LLP will be discussing the potential claims that can be brought against a person’s estate and giving tips on what steps to take to prevent such claims from arising.
- Alison Hesketh of Time Finders gives practical and emotional support to older people, maintaining as much independence as possible while responding to their changing needs, such as moving to more suitable accommodation, exploring care options, providing advocacy, or being the point of contact between care-providers and far-away relatives.
- Kate Talbot from Shore Financial Planning will explain how to plan for the financial cost of caring for an incapacitated person, and give vital tips on financial planning and tax issues to help prepare for this.
Shore Financial Planning (Plymouth) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England, Reg No: 08415092. Registered office: 15 Athenaeum Street, Plymouth, PL1 2RH