Criminal Defence for Individuals
If you have been accused of, or charged with a criminal offence, we can work with you to defend the proceedings or to limit the impact that a guilty plea may have on your livelihood and reputation. Our early involvement at the investigation stage can make all the difference to the outcome of any criminal case. Giving clear advice and direction can often result in matters being diverted away from the criminal courts resulting in less impact on reputation and finances for our clients. In more serious cases it may well be that your liberty is also at stake and we will advise on strategies to remove or mitigate that risk.
Our expert, Stephen Bennett has over 25 years’ experience of both defending and prosecuting all types of criminal offence. Stephen is one of only a handful of local criminal defence solicitors experienced in the conduct of High Costs cases such as fraud, money laundering, murder, and high value drugs importations.
We can assist with all aspects of criminal law, ranging from serious and complex fraud to motoring offences.
What can we offer?
- Advice in police stations for persons arrested for any offence ranging from theft to murder.
- Negotiate with the police or other prosecuting authority on matters relating to charge/caution and if appropriate bail.
- Negotiate with the CPS or other prosecuting authorities regarding pleas or reduction of charges.
- All advocacy in the Magistrates Court including pleas in mitigation, applications for bail, trials and sentencing.
- Preparation of all cases in the Crown Court working with a strong network of experienced barristers.
- Appeals to the Court of Appeal either against conviction or sentence or both.
- Representation at Courts Martial for military personnel.
- Specialisation in road traffic, fraud, sexual offences and all assault matters.
- Authorised representative for members of the teaching profession charged or under investigation for any criminal offence.
Why instruct us?
- Experienced practitioner well used to dealing with clients of all ages and backgrounds.
- Well respected by the police, CPS and the courts.
- Able to deal with complex financial crime.
- Sympathetic to client needs and respond promptly to them
- Prepared to work on a fixed costs basis if appropriate.
- Peace of mind that everything that can be done to assist you will be done.
We can also assist with a number of Road Traffic offences:
- Careless/dangerous driving
- Drink driving
- No Insurance
- Totting disqualifications for penalty points Exceptional hardship arguments
- Using mobile phone whilst driving.
- Fare Evasion
- Money laundering
- Planning enforcement
- Fly Tipping
- Environmental offences
- Trading Standards
To contact our specialist please click here