Belinda is a Partner in the Commercial Team.
Belinda trained and qualified in London before moving in-house to Sky, where she stayed as Senior Solicitor in the Legal and Business Affairs team for 15 years. Her time at Sky included the growth of the business from an analogue broadcaster offering 6 channels to subscribers, through flotation of the company, to the launch and operation of digital satellite television to millions of subscribers in the UK.
After a career break, she joined the commercial team at Clark Holt in 2017, becoming a Partner in 2020.
She has significant experience in providing advice on wide-ranging commercial matters, including commercial contracts, data protection, IP, IT and non-contentious employment. For long-standing clients, she provides the focal point for pragmatic commercial advice as trusted adviser to the business.
Belinda was for 12 years (until May 2021) a Commissioner and then Chairman of Yarmouth Harbour Trust Port, a business with a turnover (in 2020) of £2.2 million
- Drafting standard customer agreements and advising on customer negotiations for a UK company providing services including learning management and applicant tracking systems as a SaaS offering.
- Advising a UK fintech company including in respect of the drafting of its MSA, terms for the offering of new services launched by it, and assisting with the negotiation and conclusion of its customer agreements.
- Drafting and advising on standard terms for a UK company offering security systems.
- Providing commercial advice to a UK company in respect of a multi-million pound investment by a private equity investor, and general advice on the company’s commercial contracts and data protection issues.
- Advising a UK company offering luxury hampers on a variety of commercial contracts including relating to marketing, IT and other business services, as well as data protection and standard terms for sales.
- Advising on terms for the offering of goods and services linked to a well-known TV show.
- Providing employment advice to clients including in relation to service contracts, settlement agreements, employment policies and employee issues.