Senior Associate, Employment
Michelle is a Senior Associate in the Commercial team. She is based in our Maidenhead office.
Michelle has specialised in employment law since qualifying in 2005 and has worked in a number of regional heavyweight firms. Michelle delivers regular seminars on employment law both internally to our clients and referrers, and to external organisations including the CIPD.
Employment Law Experience
Michelle advises on all aspects of employment law, and she has considerable experience of a broad range of employment issues, including: drafting and advising on contracts of employment and director’s service agreements, drafting and negotiating settlement agreements, advising on restrictive covenants, guiding employees and employers through redundancy processes, assisting our corporate team’s clients with TUPE advice. Michelle also assists with the usual day to day ‘HR’ type issues that arise for both employers and employees, such as disciplinaries, grievances, sickness absence, maternity and discrimination. She also advises on bringing and defending employment proceedings in the Employment Tribunal, as well as the steps that can be taken to avoid litigation.
- Recovering considerable damages for a council employee in a complex disability discrimination case;
- Defending a vexatious race discrimination claim brought by a job applicant against a large city corporate;
- Removing a non-compete injunction on behalf of the company’s directors who had set up their own business;
- Defending numerous TUPE claims from a national bus company
Legal Directories and Awards
She is recognised within her field and has been named as a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 rankings for the last 3 consecutive years; always delivering practical and commercial advice.
Memberships and Professional Bodies
- CIPD Steering Committee Member, Chilterns branch
- Employment Lawyers Association
Qualified in 2005.