Senior Associate, Corporate Commercial
T: 01628 502897
E: [email protected]
Sarah joined Gardner Leader in January 2018 after over 12 years in-house at Sky plc and at a leading London and International law firm, Herbert Smith Freehills.
Sarah has considerable experience of a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including commercial contracts, strategic alliances and mergers and acquisitions. She has a particular focus advising clients in the technology, media and telecommunication sectors, advising on technology, intellectual property and privacy related legal issues.
Before qualifying as a solicitor, Sarah studied History at Trinity College, Oxford University. She lives in Maidenhead and spends most of her spare time looking after her two children (and husband).
Sarah’s recent highlights include:
- Providing end-to-end contractual support to Sky plc in relation to the provision of analytical insight on TV viewing behaviours to advertisers and content providers.
- Advisory and contractual support to Sky plc in relation to the creation and ongoing operation of strategic alliances concerning Sky’s viewing data.
- Providing contractual support and legal advice to Sky plc in relation to the procurement of technology and data [to support and maintain Sky’s data and viewing assets and to facilitate the provision of insight and analytical services].
- Advising a global internet and technology company in relation to a worldwide content licensing project as well as general procurement and revenue-generating deals across a variety of its products.
- Managing and co-ordinating the EMEA aspects of a global content licensing project for a global internet search engine.
- Advising a web portal and online service provider on a) the IT and privacy aspects of its acquisition of a social networking site and b) the sale of its internet access business across Europe.
- Advising a major multinational IT company in connection with a 12 year business process outsourcing contract.