Partner and Head of the Conveyancing team
Stuart is the Partner heading up the Residential Property team at Gardner Leader
Stuart has specialised in residential conveyancing for over 25 years, and worked in Newbury since 1990. Consequently he has extensive experience of the local property market and excellent relations with the many estate agents in Newbury and surrounding towns. Much of Stuart’s work is made up of repeat business and referrals from happy clients; he and his team are also often recommended by local estate agents.
No matter how busy he is, Stuart has a reputation for remaining calm and in control – which is very reassuring for clients who are under the stress of moving house. Stuart believes that the key to a good client relationship is communication, and works closely with his team to ensure the smooth progress of all conveyancing matters.
The conveyancing team at Gardner Leader (based in Newbury and in the Thatcham office) comprise six qualified solicitors and a number of legal assistants.
- Trustee of West Berkshire Mencap
- Trustee of the Coxted Pearce Almshouse Trust
- Governor at Fir Tree School
- The Italian Secretary for Newbury Twin Town Association
- Stuart is a keen runner and belongs to the Newbury Runners, and regularly participates in Newbury Park Run
- For many years Stuart has written a monthly column in the property pages of the Newbury Weekly News, covering various conveyancing related topics.
Blogs and Articles
Memberships and Professional Bodies