During world earth day this year we have taken the time to share some helpful tips on how everyone can play their part and make a difference to the environment during a working day.
- Going green on your commute – changing the way you get to work can drastically reduce your company’s carbon footprint. You can lower your emissions by cycling, walking and car-sharing with colleagues to reduce your footprint.
- Press the off switch – it may have become a habit to always turn the light on when entering a room but as we approach summer time we should make use of the natural light around us during the working day.
- Be conscious of your printing activity – do you need to print off every page/document? If you do need to print then select double sided as an option on the printer to save paper.
- Turn computers and your screens off completely when not in use – instead of leaving your computer and monitors on standby mode turn these off. Standby mode still uses electricity and energy despite you not using your computer.
- Tea and coffee rounds – it may seem like a small task but making a drink for your colleagues as well as yourself can be very eco-friendly. Offering to make others a drink at the same time will stop frequent energy used in boiling the kettle saving both electricity and money.
No matter how small making changes to your daily lifestyle can make a great impact on helping the environment.
At Gardner Leader we aim to do as much as we can as a firm to help the environment, no matter how small or large it may be.
We have also included a number of helpful links below on why protecting our environment matters so much now more than ever before as well as further toolkits and tips: