T: 01635 508181
E: [email protected]
Greg is a partner at Gardner Leader and Head of the Commercial team.
Greg joined Gardner Leader in 2000 having emigrated from South Africa where he qualified as an attorney. Greg qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and was admitted to the partnership in 2006.
Greg specialises in commercial property work acting for a variety of clients. His work includes sales and purchases, landlord and tenant, acting for developers and lenders in connection with acquisitions and developments and joint venture arrangements. Greg has represented a number of charities on commercial property projects, particularly landlord and tenant work. His commercial approach assists in helping his clients to achieve the best possible outcome.
The practice area was praised in the Legal 500 (2016) stating that “Gardner Leader LLP’s [Corporate/Commercial] team ‘exceeds all expectations’. Key figures include… practice head Greg Humphreys, who specialises in property work. Legal 500 (2016) also commented that Greg is ‘very thorough and knowledgeable’, and ‘acts quickly’.
Relevant work experience
Greg’s recent work includes:
- Acting for Newbury Building Society and high street lenders on independent reports on development loan projects.
- Acting for landlord and tenants on a large number of transactions involving retail shops.
- Acting for a tenant of a unit on the Canary Wharf Crossrail station which is currently under construction.
- Acting for developers on the construction of a set of documents for the onward sale of flats within a newly constructed block of flats.
- Greg is a member of Donnington Grove Golf Club where he enjoys golf and networking with his contacts.
Blogs and Articles