Tim Blackman is a Solicitor in the Commercial Team.
Tim specialises in the acquisition and disposal of commercial property and in addition undertakes landlord & tenant matters, development work and secured lending. He acts on behalf of a variety of individuals and corporate clients, together with high street lenders and regional/national charities. Tim always aims to provide clear, pragmatic and commercially astute advice, and prides himself on the relationships that he builds with clients.
Commercial Property Experience
Tim’s main practice area is commercial property and his wide variety of instructions will often come from high net worth individuals, small and medium sized enterprises or lending institutions.
Tim has particular expertise in dealing with landlord and tenant matters including the grant of new leases together with assignments, underlettings and surrenders. Tim is also often instructed in relation to sales or purchases of land which are conditional on the grant of planning permission.
Charity Law Experience
Tim acts for regional and national charities in connection with property related matters. This often includes dealing with disposals of charitable property and the additional requirements which are involved. The disposals will predominantly be sales of charitable property and granting leases to tenants although such instructions can also relate to development and secured finance.
- Acting for a group of land owners in the granting of four option agreements to a developer as part of a wider re-development scheme.
- Assisting the corporate team with the property aspects of the acquisition of two childcare nurseries in the South West region.
- Advising a national animal charity on the renewal and termination of its existing shop leases.
- Acting for a landlord in the grant of a significant new Farm Business Tenancy in South Wales.
- Acting for a landlord in the grant of multiple new leases to national retail chains in a prominent new London development.
- Advising a national animal charity on the property aspects of acquiring another charity.
- Acting for a local faith group in connection with the development of its main property asset.
Memberships and Professional Bodies
- Member of Junior Lawyers Division Thames Valley
- Member of Thames Valley Young Professionals
Qualified in 2016.