Harriet is a Solicitor in our Dispute Resolution Team, specialising in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution, including international arbitration.
Harriet graduated from the University of Bristol with a 2.1 in LLB Law, and subsequently obtained a distinction in the LPC from the University of Law. Harriet has previously undertaken placements at Regional and City firms, as well as in-house at a leading City bank.
Harriet qualified as a solicitor in August 2023, following the completion of her training contract at Gardner Leader, undertaking all three seats in litigation.
Harriet has worked on a wide range of commercial disputes including civil fraud, breach of contract, professional negligence, shareholder/partnership disputes, breach of duties under the Companies Act 2006, claims under the Insolvency Act 1986, defamation, debt recovery, and data privacy claims. Harriet often works on complex disputes with an international element.
Harriet has experience of litigating in the King’s Bench and Chancery Divisions of the High Court, in addition to alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation and arbitration.
Harriet has worked on large international arbitrations (ICC and GAFTA) and challenges to such awards, assisting with document production, interim applications, witness evidence, electronic document management platforms and all aspects of preparation for hearings.
- Assisted with a GAFTA arbitration concerning an inter-state contractual dispute arising out of a bilateral soft commodities trading agreement.
- Worked on an ICC arbitration seated in London, acting for the Claimant in a breach of contract and/or fiduciary duties claim under an international management agreement.
- Assisted with a high-value fraud case against a UK based investor, including obtaining a freezing order.
- Worked to successfully defend various challenges to arbitration awards in the English Commercial Court, including under sections 68 and 69 of the Arbitration Act 1996.
- Assisted in a multi-party case concerning a partnership dispute (including the dissolution and alleged misappropriation of partnership assets).
- Worked on behalf of the defendant, pleading truth in defamation proceedings.
- Assisted in representing a defendant in a large multi-party, multi-jurisdiction case involving the alleged fraud of hundreds of millions of dollars.