Having joined Gardner Leader in 2013, Joanna is a CILEx Paralegal in our Dispute Resolution Team based in Newbury.
Whilst having experience in a variety of civil litigation cases, Joanna’s main focus includes property disputes, adverse possession claims, neighbour disputes, landlord and tenant matters and mortgage possession claims, acting for both mortgagee and mortgagor.
Joanna assisted in pursuing a successful action in the Lands Tribunal for a right of way over a neighbouring piece of land. She also supported in a construction and engineering dispute involving allegations of breach of statutory duty, concerning four defendants and intricate issues of fact. She has also assisted in a complex land dispute concerning High Court injunction proceedings and a rectification claim.
In addition to property disputes, Joanna acts for claimants in high value personal injury and clinical negligence claims. She also advises in relation to commercial disputes.
- Joanna assisted in the case of Elliott v Simmonds  EWHC 732 (Ch) (Substantive) and Elliott v Simmonds  EWHC 962 (Ch) (Costs)
- County Court proceedings against a Defendant and Part 20 Defendant concerning a complex water ingress claim in a residential apartment.
- Proceedings brought before the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) in relation to a benefit of a right of way over neighbouring land.
- High value adverse possession claim and possession proceedings which included forensic analysis of voluminous evidence.
- County Court proceedings relating to breach of contract in a commercial contract for the letting of a luxury serviced apartment.
- Proceedings brought in the County Court for breaches of contract and professional negligence in a property purchase transaction.