Elizabeth Saunders is a Partner in our Family Team.
Family Law Experience
Elizabeth has vast experience and technical grasp of issues that arise for high net worth individuals when their personal or wider family relationships break down. Elizabeth frequently deals with trust structures, inherited wealth and family businesses on divorce or separation. Always strategic and constructive, she is a tenacious litigator when the need arises and entirely focused on getting the best outcome for her client. Elizabeth also negotiates and drafts pre and post-nuptial agreements.
- Intervened on behalf of an adult child in a farming divorce to secure the home that had been promised to her attracting national press interest;
- Successfully concluded a hotly contested divorce case involving a portfolio of investment properties and a family business in favour of her client;
- Secured a favourable outcome at court for her client in terms of re-housing and spousal maintenance despite huge resistance from the other party;
- Negotiated favourable interim arrangements to enable her client to meet living expenses and pay legal costs pending a final hearing;
- Preserved pre acquired assets introduced into the marriage by her client that were not matched by the other party.