Hannah Davies is a Senior Associate in our Corporate & Commercial Team.
Hannah joined Gardner Leader as a Solicitor in April 2019 as part of the growing Corporate & Commercial team in the Maidenhead office. Hannah has a natural interest in developing a close understanding of each client’s business and finding commercially driven and cost-effective solutions to allow clients to accomplish their objectives.
Corporate & Commercial
Hannah has extensive experience of advising businesses, in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including commercial contracts, franchising, outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions, business start-ups, joint ventures, partnerships, restructuring, share buy-backs, company secretarial, risk management and compliance matters.
Previously Hannah trained and worked in London at a leading international law firm undertaking corporate and commercial work for companies and businesses from various sectors including multi-national organisations in the consumer, media and retail sector. Hannah was part of teams which offered a ‘legal hotline’ to some clients, offering swift assistance to legal issues based on the commercial drivers of the client. She has undertaken a secondment in-house at BAA Airports Limited advising on a broad spectrum of commercial matters together with managing BAA’s property portfolio in and around its airports. Hannah was also seconded to the Prague office of the international law firm where she managed a high density of corporate transactional deals.
Hannah has been described as being “very clear and concise” and “an essential part of the team and one of the most pragmatic and commercial lawyers I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with”.
- Advising a luxury homeware business on its investment with a UK-based venture capital firm that backs creative founders to launch and build innovative businesses.
- Advising a well-known pub and restaurant operator, in the spinning out of two of its restaurants to an independent business owned and run by the managers of each restaurant.
- Advising a care home operator on the share purchase of a care home in Wales.
- Advising a leading business man in the construction industry on the expansion of his international concrete pumping business.
- Advising an innovative property development company on a negotiation of a joint venture to develop a visitor destination resort and on a supply of services agreement with a high-end retail outlet.
- Advising a hospice charity on its retail collaboration, through a master services agreement, with another well-known charity.
- Advising a UK based construction management company on its corporate restructuring alongside a sale and purchase of shares held by a minority shareholder.
- Advising a retail, manufacturing and consultancy business on the reorganisation of its holding company and subsidiary, including managing the large number of shareholders involved.
- Advising a UK based luxury automotive sales business, together with numerous sister companies operating in the retail, manufacturing and hospitality sectors on their corporate restructuring; including bringing on-board a UK based shareholder, together with discussions with the internationally based majority shareholder.
- Advising an owner led business that runs various restaurants and catering operations, in the renewal of its flagship restaurant and catering agreement at an iconic London landmark.
- Advising a gaming growth specialist on a call option over shares with one of its non-executive directors.
- Advising a medical supplies company on its agency agreement with a leading integrated outsourcing provider for consumer’s over the counter requirements.
- Advising a sole trader law firm on its conversion to a limited liability partnership (LLP).
- Advising on an IT contract for a biotechnology company; providing a ‘red flag’ risk assessment of its terms.
- Advising on the terms of an introducer arrangement for a company using an introducer to create sales in certain products in the medical supplies industry.
- Advising a general partnership in the car garage industry on the exit of one of its partners including managing a transfer in the property title at HMLR.
- Advising a creative agency on a deadlock situation between two founders.
- Advising a wealth management company on a share buyback, transfer of shares from minority shareholders and an asset transfer arrangement with an exiting business partner.