Suzy is a Partner in our Family Team, practising exclusively in family law since 1997.
She has spent the majority of her career working in the Newbury area and joined Gardner Leader in 2017.
Suzy is well known for her empathetic, pragmatic and outcome focused approach and clients regularly comment on the high levels of support provided to them. Her approach and local reputation mean that the majority of her work comes from personal and professional referrals.
Suzy’s work primarily focuses on resolving complex, high value financial disputes in divorce proceedings and on the breakdown of unmarried relationships. She is also experienced in the preparation of pre and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements. Suzy assists clients in relation to the arrangements for their children both by agreement and in court proceedings.
Suzy is an experienced Collaborative Lawyer and has had many successful outcomes since establishing her collaborative practice in 2006. More recently she has trained as a Mediator and is pleased to be able to offer this alternative to separating couples.
Suzy is a member of Resolution and is committed to their code of practice and to resolving issues in a constructive and positive way.
- Advising in a complex financial case concerning post-separation accrual.
- Advising in relation to dissolution of a civil partnership and associated financial settlement.
- Advising in financial cases involving foreign property.
- Advising in relation to cross jurisdiction divorce and financial proceedings.
- Advising in relation to pre and post-nuptial agreements.
- Preparation of cohabitation agreements and advising in the event of unmarried relationship breakdown.
- Advising in relation to arrangements for children.