Partner and Head of the Commercial Team
T: 01635 508181
E: [email protected]
Greg is a partner at Gardner Leader and Head of the Commercial team.
Greg joined Gardner Leader in 2000 having emigrated from South Africa where he qualified as an attorney. Greg qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and was admitted to the partnership in 2006.
Throughout his career Greg has worked in the commercial and commercial property environment. This allows Greg to bring a broad knowledge of commercial law and practice to the advice that he provides and he aims to provide practical advice to best meet his client’s needs.
Greg specialises in property work, concentrating on commercial property work, including purchases and sales of property and development sites, joint ventures in development projects, lease projects and agreements for lease subject to development and advising lenders on securitisation.
The practice area was praised in the Legal 500 (2016) stating that “Gardner Leader LLP’s [Corporate/Commercial] team ‘exceeds all expectations’. Key figures include… practice head Greg Humphreys, who specialises in property work. Legal 500 (2016) also commented that Greg is ‘very thorough and knowledgeable’, and ‘acts quickly’.
Relevant work experience
Greg’s recent work includes:
- Acting for Newbury Building Society and high street lenders on independent reports on development loan projects.
- Acting for landlord and tenants on a large number of transactions involving retail shops.
- Acting for a tenant of a unit on the Canary Wharf Crossrail station which is currently under construction.
- Acting for developers on the construction of a set of documents for the onward sale of flats within a newly constructed block of flats.
- Greg is a member of Donnington Grove Golf Club where he enjoys a golf and networking with his contacts.
Blogs and Articles
In South Africa – 1998
In England & Wales – 2003