James is a Partner in the Corporate Team.
James is an experienced M&A lawyer with over 20 years’ experience advising on a range of M&A matters, specialising in sell-side transactional work for UK clients, acting for clients of all sizes and in all sectors.
James also undertakes complex business reorganisations, demergers, capital reductions, share exchanges, share buy backs and shareholders’ agreements.
He trained with and spent 5 years with a large regional practice.
- Advising shareholders of construction industry business on capital reduction demerger to separate non-core and core businesses.
- Advising an investor on disposal of UK green energy IP business to a US buyer including a share for share exchange.
- Advising shareholders on vendor initiated management buyout out in a manufacturing business.
- Advising North American software business on acquisition of UK software business.
- Advising shareholders of household name home furnishings group on a re-organisation.
- Advising shareholders of healthcare sector business on re-organisation and shareholder agreement.
- Advising management on acquisition of non-core business from employer.