Senior Associate, Inheritance Protection
Niamh is a Senior Associate at Gardner Leader in the Inheritance Protection Team. She is based in the Maidenhead office.
Niamh qualified as a Solicitor in 2002 and has many years of experience as a Private Client Solicitor.
Inheritance Protection Experience
Niamh specialises in Will drafting and related Inheritance Tax planning, Probate and Administration of estates, Court of Protection matters, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Enduring Powers of Attorney and capacity issues.
Niamh’s niche strengths are working with the elderly and providing them with the specialist advice that they require. She has an empathetic manner whereby she is able to offer excellent advice in a simple and clear way. Niamh is very conscious that not everybody is able to understand and comprehend ‘legal jargon’ and ensures that all of her clients understand her advice. Niamh is particularly interested in capacity issues.
Outside of work Niamh is qualified in British Sign Language to a Level 2 Standard. Niamh is also a member of Maidenhead Running Sisters and run three times a week. With three very small children and living locally she is very much involved within the local community.
- Administering a contested estate with a net worth value of £4 million.
- Instructing and liaising with genealogists to trace family members of a deceased person with no will, to establish the estate was Bona Vacantia and by law passed to the Crown.
- Advising on a wide range of will drafting, to provide for disabled beneficiaries, second marriages, step-children and with particular emphasis on the protection of assets from bankruptcy, future marriages and care home fees.
- Advised and drafted a Statutory Will for a young patient who was subject to medical negligence which left him brain dead.
Legal Directories and Awards
- In the 2019 Legal 500 rankings, Niamh was listed as a recommended lawyer for personal tax, trusts and probate and was particularly noted for being a key contact for mental capacity matters.
Memberships and Professional Bodies
- Governor of St Edmund Campion Catholic Primary School, Maidenhead
Qualified in 2002.