Simon Fisher is a Partner & Team Leader in the Family Team based in the Maidenhead office.
Simon Fisher joined Gardner Leader in January 2018 having worked as a specialist family law solicitor for over 10 years. He is a member of Resolution and the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme. Simon studied Law at the University of Wales, Swansea and qualified as a Solicitor in 2007. He also has a Master’s Degree in Sports Law and Practice.
Within the partnership, Simon’s role as Client Care Partner means that he is responsible for ensuring that clients are fully satisfied with the service they receive from Gardner Leader.
Family Law Experience
Simon is experienced in a range of family law issues from simple financial clean break order to complex international law disputes. Simon is hard working and prides himself on seeking the best outcome for his clients. He is committed to resolving issues in an amicable manner whenever possible. Simon is also a Collaborative trained lawyer, which is an alternative way of resolving family issues.
- Negotiated a complex financial settlement in a financial dispute involving a number of pensions, international assets along with many properties. This involved expert reports and significant analysis of complex issues to reach a sensible and fair settlement.
- Assisted a parent in complex contested children proceedings where issues of alcohol misuse were raised. A substantive order with significant time with the parent was achieved after court proceedings, despite opposition of the other parent.
- Sought an urgent injunction in a financial remedy matter to avoid disposition of an asset. The injunction was obtained to protect the asset for the party so that the client could have a fair share.
- Simon and Madia Aslam, a trainee Solicitor in our Family team collaborated together to produce the article ‘The impact of Brexit on Family law’ in which they detailed the changes Brexit have made to divorce and Family law.
Legal Directories and Awards
- Simon was noted in the 2021 Legal 500 rankings as a Recommended Lawyer for Family Law. Simon was recommended for offering a “unique blend of pro-active and empathetic support and is not afraid to think outside the box to find constructive proposals, which are equitable and sustainable. Simon is committed to achieving this in a non-confrontational manner and always mindful of the needs of his clients.”
Memberships and Professional Bodies
- Member of Resolution
- Member of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme
- Founder Member of the Divorce Solutions Group Collaborative Law Group
Simon Fisher qualified in 2007.