Simon Fisher is a Partner in the Family Team based in the Maidenhead office.
Simon Fisher joined Gardner Leader in January 2018 having worked as a specialist family law solicitor for over 10 years. He is a member of Resolution and the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme. Simon studied Law at the University of Wales, Swansea and qualified as a Solicitor in 2007. He also has a Master’s Degree in Sports Law and Practice.
Family Law Experience
Simon is experienced in a range of family law issues from simple financial clean break order to complex international law disputes. Simon is hard working and prides himself on seeking the best outcome for his clients. He is committed to resolving issues in an amicable manner whenever possible. Simon is also a Collaborative trained lawyer, which is an alternative way of resolving family issues.
- Negotiated a complex financial settlement in a financial dispute involving a number of pensions, international assets along with many properties. This involved expert reports and significant analysis of complex issues to reach a sensible and fair settlement.
- Assisted a parent in complex contested children proceedings where issues of alcohol misuse were raised. A substantive order with significant time with the parent was achieved after court proceedings, despite opposition of the other parent.
- Sought an urgent injunction in a financial remedy matter to avoid disposition of an asset. The injunction was obtained to protect the asset for the party so that the client could have a fair share.
Legal Directories and Awards
- Simon was noted in the 2020 Legal 500 rankings as a Recommended Lawyer for Family Law. The team were commended for their “meticulous” approach to “matching clients’ needs with the right path to desired outcomes” resulting in “better client satisfaction”.
Memberships and Professional Bodies
- Member of Resolution
- Member of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme
- Founder Member of the Divorce Solutions Group Collaborative Law Group