Ash qualified as a solicitor in 1994 and is a consultant in the Family and Wills, Probate and Estate Planning Teams. Having completed an MBA at Henley Management College in 2000, Ash was recognised by The Times as taking the lead amongst practicing solicitors in recognising the importance of applying modern business practices to ensure that their firms are client-led and provide effective and efficient service. After practicing law in the City and the Thames Valley for over 14 years, Ash Sanger founded her own successful law firm to create a dynamic organisation. Ash is a member of Resolution and the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme.
Ash has vast experience over 28 years in all aspects of Family Law including Children Act Proceedings, Divorce, Separation and Financial matters following Divorce. Ash also has a high level of experience in cohabitation, pre and post nuptial agreements and Mediation. The range of cases includes simple financial clean break orders to complex international law disputes. Ash will always first seek to resolve matters on an amicable basis whenever possible.
Ash is supportive and provides a bespoke service with a clear cost structure to clients. Much of her work comes from personal recommendation.
Wills, Probate and Estate Planning
Ash advises on all areas of inheritance protection proceedings including drafting Wills, Estate Administration and Probate matters including engathering the estate, preparing tax returns, estate accounts and distribution of the estate. Ash is also regularly instructed on Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyships.
Ash has experience in engaging with beneficiary finders in intestacy cases, locating beneficiaries abroad and asset searches, as well as obtaining specialist insurance for Trustees and Executors.
Ash also advises on Inheritance Tax planning, Court of Protection matters, and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Ash aims to offer excellent advice in a simple and clear way.
- Representing extended family.
- Negotiated complex financial settlement in a financial dispute involving a number of pensions, international assets along with many properties. This involved expert reports and significant analysis of complex issues to reach a sensible and fair settlement.
- Assisted in relocation children proceedings and on a case involving alcohol misuse.
- Avoidance of disposition of assets to protect the matrimonial funds and ensure a fair share.
- Advising in relation to pre and post nuptial agreements
- Preparation of cohabitation agreements and advising in the event of unmarried relationship breakdown
- Acted as executor in estates with complex assets with substantial inheritance tax liabilities.
- Administered a contested estate.
- Preparing trust provisions in Wills where a couple have children from previous relationships.
- Drafting deeds of variation to redirect assets and to allow for inheritance tax liability to be minimised.
- Dealing with applications to the Court of Protection including Deputyship.