James is a Partner in the Corporate Team.
James is an experienced M&A lawyer with over 20 years’ experience advising on a range of M&A matters, specialising in transactional work for UK clients and subsidiaries of overseas clients. James acts for clients of all sizes and in various sectors.
James also undertakes complex business reorganisations, demergers, capital reductions and share buy backs working alongside the client’s accountants and tax advisers. He also provides advice on shareholders’ agreements, succession planning and investments.
He trained with and spent 5 years with a large regional practice.
- Advising nationwide groundworks contractor on acquisition of competitor.
- Advising shareholders on sale of technology business to a US acquirer.
- Advising an insurance brokerage on investment from and option arrangements with private equity investor.
- Advising on the sale of a motor franchise dealership to a larger national chain.
- Advising overseas insurer client on the disposal of two managing general agent insurance businesses.
- Advising shareholders of construction industry business on capital reduction demerger to separate non-core and core businesses.
- Advising an investor on disposal of UK green energy IP business to a US buyer.
- Advising shareholders on vendor-initiated management buyout out in a manufacturing business.
- Advising North American software business on acquisition of UK software business.
- Advising shareholders of household name home furnishings group on a re-organisation.
- Advising shareholders of healthcare sector business on re-organisation and shareholder agreement.
- Advising management on acquisition of non-core business from employer.