Kathryn is a Solicitor in our Wills, Probate and Estate Planning Team.
Kathryn joined Gardner Leader in December 2013 as a Consultant. She began her career in industry and then had a career break to bring up her children during which time she went back to university to study law and qualified as a solicitor. She then spent many years heading a private client department in private practice.
Wills, Probate and Estate Planning
Kathryn spends most of her time dealing with the administration of estates, wills, inheritance tax planning and Court of Protection work. She deals with complex estates including those with assets in other jurisdictions throughout the world.
- Administering large and complex estates
- Negotiating with HM Revenue and Customs on issues of non UK domicile
- Obtaining a Court Order to allow Probate to be granted following a loss at sea where no body was recovered and no death certificate issued
- Drafting wills for couples with complex families
- Drafting trusts and advising on inheritance tax