Maciej Pasierb is a trainee solicitor in the Wills, Probate and Estate Planning team based in Maidenhead.
Maciej joined the firm in July 2021 as a paralegal in the Business team, working on a variety of Corporate and Commercial matters.
Prior to joining Gardner Leader, Maciej graduated from the University of Portsmouth in 2018 with a 2:1 in LLB Law and completed his Masters in Professional Legal Practice in 2020. In between his studies he enjoyed working as an in-house intern at a large London Firm, where he developed an interest in Corporate & Commercial work.
- Drafted and adjusted clauses for commercial contracts, as well as NDAs.
- Reviewed changes to The Utilities Contracts Regulations. Its impact on the company and level of importance for its functioning. Incl. forwarding relevant changes to appropriate departments.
- Researched innovative ways in which the company could utilise new types of contract structures introduced in the regulation (mentioned above) and presented findings to the procurement team.
- Worked closely with the Procurement team and other departments on securing new services with sufficient protections from the counter-parties. To further the company’s aims and to comply with the regulations of the regulated side of the business.
- Researched and solved legal issues for other departments; i.e. possibility of amendment of terms through electronic means or legality and enforceability of clauses.
Researched innovative ways in which the company could utilize new types of contract structures introduced in the Utilities Contracts Regulations and presented findings to the procurement team.