Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution
T: 01635 508127
E: [email protected]
Alastair is a Partner and Head of the Dispute Resolution team at Gardner Leader.
Alastair has considerable experience in trusts, probate and inheritance matters, including disputed Wills, claims to remove Executors or Trustees, Breach of Trust cases and Inheritance Act claims. Alastair regularly acts for charities, executors and beneficiaries in claims found in the Court of Protection and the High Court.
Alastair also handles a wide range of property-related disputes, particularly those involving commercial property, including rent arrears claims, possession cases, claims for breaches of covenant, dilapidations claims and renewal proceedings.
Alastair was praised again in Legal 500 (2016) as a “Leading Individual” for contentious trusts and probate and someone who leads the ‘forward-thinking’ team and is singled out as ‘a sound tactician’.
In his spare time, Alastair is a keen cyclist, runner and open water swimmer.
Relevant work experience
- Acting for multiple beneficiaries in proceedings to remove a lay executor. Alastair was able to prove fraudulent activities by the lay executor and recovered costs and estate monies from the lay executor.
- Bringing a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and obtaining settlement without the need to issue proceedings.
- Acting for three beneficiaries in defending a Proprietary Estoppel claim brought by a family member concerning the family farm.
- Acting for a number of charities in defending a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Acting for Partners in a Partnership dispute concerning to a multi-million family business
- Acting for individuals in a complex land dispute concerning High Court injunctive proceedings and a rectification claim.
- Charity Law Association
- Institute of Legacy Management
- Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists.
Qualified: November 1998
Joined: August 1999