Chris Felton is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team and a member of the Board.
Chris specialises in all aspects of corporate and commercial dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration.
Chris regularly conducts matters in the Commercial, Chancery and Insolvency and Companies Courts. Many of his cases have an international dimension. He has litigated for clients in a number of different jurisdictions including the US, Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, Switzerland, The Netherlands, former CIS States, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Abu Dhabi, Seychelles, Malaysia, Singapore and China.
Chris has significant experience of both domestic and international arbitration (LCIA, ICC, Swiss Rules, GAFTA and ad hoc).
Chris and Katie Dyson, an Associate in our Dispute Resolution team and Teniola Onabanjo at 3VB recently prepared an article for Practical Law which considered the circumstances in which the court may debar a litigant in breach of a costs order from participating in proceedings.
- Bringing/defending actions for breach of directors duties;
- Defending and protecting shareholder rights;
- Corporate trust claims;
- Civil fraud;
- Contentious insolvency issues including petitions, validation orders, claims for misfeasance for and against office holders, challenges to office holders expenses and remuneration, investigations and setting aside antecedent transactions;
- Substantive contempt proceedings;
- Breach of warranty and contractual claims;
- International trade;
- Investment treaty/bi-lateral trade arbitrations;
- Commodities disputes;
- Competition and anti-trust suits;
- Engineering/product liability actions in the technology and construction courts;
- Public procurement and state aid disputes;
- Intellectual property disputes in relation to patent, copyright and trademark infringement;
- Defamation and malicious falsehood claims;
- Professional negligence claims;
- Emergency injunctive relief;
- Chris and Katie Dyson, Solicitor in our Dispute Resolution team collaborated together alongside 3VB to produce the article Debarring orders and disclosure in which they discuss when will a defaulting party forfeit their right to participate in proceedings?
- Chris and Katie Dyson, Associate in our Dispute Resolution team worked together to produce the article Collateral use of disclosed documents which was featured in Practical Law Dispute Resolution Blog in December 2020.
- Chris and Katie Dyson have been featured in Practical Laws Blog discussing a court decision on clarification on the scope of duty assumed by a professional adviser. Read the article by clicking here.
- Chris has also been appointed by the High Court to act as Supervising Solicitor in relation to search and seize orders.