Solicitor, Dispute Resolution
T: 01635 508073
E: [email protected]
Katie is a Solicitor at Gardner Leader in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Katie specialises in complex commercial disputes and financial litigation. Prior to joining Gardner Leader, Katie worked as an associate in a leading City financial markets litigation practice. Katie has also undertaken a secondment with the global markets department of a major international bank.
Katie completed her undergraduate degree in Ancient History at the University of Birmingham in 2008. In her spare time, Katie enjoys searching for new additions to her vinyl record collection.
Recent Work Highlights
- Managed a raft of defended civil claims brought by commercial customers against a UK bank arising from fraudulent “vishing” scams.
- Assisted with the defence of a multi-million pound Tomlinson-style High Court collusion claim, which has been the subject of Parliamentary discussions.
- Acted on behalf of an international commodities trader to seek the performance of a counterparty’s contractual obligations following a disputed declaration of Force Majeure.
- Acted for an insurer in relation to a civil claim arising from the fraudulent use of its insured’s company credit card.
- Acted on a pro bono basis for a charity being aggressively pursued for a disputed debt.
- Women in Banking and Finance.