Katie Dyson is a Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Katie qualified in 2015 and specialises in complex commercial disputes and financial litigation. She is experienced in a variety of practice areas including procurement, civil fraud, cross-border commodities actions, shareholder/partnership disputes and Sale of Goods Act claims.
Katie is noted in Legal 500 (2019) as having “expertise in complex commercial disputes and financial litigation.”
Commercial Disputes Experience
While Katie assists both domestic and international clients on a range of complex commercial claims, her specialisms include financial disputes and civil fraud.
Prior to joining Gardner Leader, Katie worked as an Associate in a leading City Financial Markets Litigation practice. She has also undertaken a secondment with the Global Markets department of a major international bank, where she regularly worked with leading financial institutions on complex structured products and derivatives.
- Acting on behalf of an international commodities trader to secure the performance of a counterparty’s obligations following a disputed declaration of force majeure.
- Defending a High Court procurement challenge brought under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Assisting with the defence of a complex fraud claim concerning the alleged misappropriation of high value overseas assets.
- Acting for an international corporate client in relation to a Sale of Goods Act dispute.
- Assisting with the defence of a multi-million pound ‘Tomlinson’-style High Court collusion claim, which has been the subject of Parliamentary discussions.
- Acting for an insurer in relation to a civil claim arising from the fraudulent use of its insured’s company credit card.
- Acted on a pro bono basis for a charity being aggressively pursued for a disputed debt.
Memberships and Professional Bodies
- Women in Banking and Finance
- Advocates for International Development
Qualified in 2015.