Katie Dyson is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Katie qualified in 2015 and is noted in Legal 500 (2019) as specialising in “complex commercial disputes and financial litigation”.
She is also experienced in a variety of practice areas including procurement, civil fraud, cross-border commodities actions, shareholder/partnership disputes, arbitration and Sale of Goods Act claims.
Commercial Disputes Experience
Prior to joining Gardner Leader, Katie worked as an Associate in a leading City Financial Markets Litigation practice. She has also undertaken a secondment with the Global Markets department of a major international bank, where she regularly worked with leading financial institutions on structured products and derivatives.
Katie’s experience is not limited to the financial sphere. She is regularly instructed by domestic and international companies and high net worth individuals on a diverse range of complex commercial matters.
- Defending a fraud and breach of contract claim asserting the misappropriation of a Port facility and other corporate assets in Moldova.
- Experience in bilateral trade arbitrations.
- Acting on behalf of an international commodities trader to secure the performance of a counterparty’s obligations following a disputed declaration of force majeure.
- Defending a High Court procurement challenge brought under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Acting for an international corporate client in relation to a Sale of Goods Act dispute.
- Katie and Chris Felton, Partner in our Dispute Resolution team worked together to produce the article ‘Collateral use of disclosed documents’ which was featured in Practical Law Dispute Resolution Blog in December 2020.
- Katie and Chris Felton, Partner in our Dispute Resolution team collaborated together alongside 3VB to produce the article ‘Debarring orders and disclosure’ in which they discuss when will a defaulting party forfeit their right to participate in proceedings?
- Katie and Chris Felton have been featured in Practical Law’s Blog discussing a court decision on clarification on the scope of duty assumed by a professional adviser. Read the article by clicking here.
Legal Directories and Awards
Memberships and Professional Bodies
Katie Dyson qualified in 2015.